We very much look forward to welcoming you to our practice and we want you and our staff to be safe and healthy!
Here is what to expect at your appointment:
- Our staff will contact you over the phone on the day before your appointment to ask about your medical history. This is called Triage Call.
- The appointment will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients and we kindly ask you not to bring anyone with you to your appointment. Any companion will be asked to wait outside. Only patients that have a disability or are under the age of 16 may be accompanied.
- We will do our best to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area. Therefore, we ask you to please not to arrive early, and also to leave promptly after your appointment, minimizing your time on the premises.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- When you arrive, you will see a disinfection station upon the entrance of the practice. We will ask you to hand sanitise and do a mouthwash.
- Your temperature will be checked and you will be asked some further information about your health and wellbeing.
- You will then be taken to the x-ray room and then to the treatment room.
- Your dentist and nurse will be dressed in full personal protective equipment (PPE) as advised by Public Health England - rest assured they will be very welcoming and friendly!
- To minimize your time at the practice and reduce the unnecessary contact, including the use of card terminals at reception, you will now be asked to provide payment on your Triage Call (on the day before your treatment).
Please feel assured that infection control has always been a top priority for our practice to keep our patients safe and comfortable. We are proud of our careful attention to this aspect of our service.